Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Its Racing Season

Believe it or not, the Netman isn't all work, he knows how to have fun also. One of the things that my wife and I like to do is go to races. She's mostly a Nascar fan, but goes to other types of races to entertain me. We have our most extensive season planned and started it off on Mother's Day.

We went to see the Trans-Am series at New Jersey Motorsports Park. I remember growing up watching Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros and other cars on TV. This was the first time that I've had a chance to see this series and was excited.

We stumbled onto the Club Diner in Bellmawr on our first trip to the track and its become part of our ritual. Usually we have to figure out how to get there. I must have set it as a waypoint in the GPS the last time we went because it took us right to the door. Strange, but I digress.

The entry list had about 20 entries, but when I checked the practice times, most of them didn't have a time listed. When we got there we learned that only 8 cars showed up, but for some reason, they list 12 cars getting points.

Here are a few of my pictures from the race:

Here's Tomy Drissi and Tony Ave getting ready to go out for practice and qualifying. My wife can't wait for the Marmaduke movie to come out and decided that she was going to root for Tomy.
Drissi won the race (surprise, surprise), RJ Lopez came in second and Ave was third. Here they are on the podium spraying champagne and doing the "hat dance."

My personal highlight of the day was getting to see Drissi's owner Paul Gentilozzi. (Below talking on the phone.) I had a chance to talk to him a couple of times and he's much cooler than the TV reporters make him out to be.

Here's a link to my Picasa album. Its not my best work, but here it is. Next up - Arca and Sprint Cup at Pocono.

No comments: